What can I do for my 5 month old who is gaggy?

I think she has flem in her throat and she keeps making these funny gagy kinda cough noises like when she was a newborn. I think its flem/mucas and she had a little runny nose too. Could I try and put a bulb sucker down her throat like when she was a newborn? I say try because it takes my husband and I to hold her down just to suck the mucas from her nose and she screams and freaks the frick out. So any advise?

jocelynvlong

Asked by jocelynvlong at 4:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I imagine by now that you've probly been able to get to the drs, since this was posted a while ago but if not or for future referance, call her drs office. There should be a nurse on duty during the off hours who will call you right back and adivise you in what to do. Even if its in the middle of the night that is what they are their for. They can tell you how to ease her suffering til morning when you can see the dr or she can evaluate from her symptoms if she needs to go to the ER. Good luck I hope you little sweetie feels better soon!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I wish I had some advice for you. I think you should take her to the doctor as soon as you can to find out what you can do. I think it was mucas getting into my daughter's lungs that she couldn't cough up that caused her to get asthma.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• should I be scared of pneumonia too?
    jocelynvlong

Answer by jocelynvlong at 4:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• anyone else?? please?? it's 2am here and I am gonna take her to the doc really early in the morning
    jocelynvlong

Answer by jocelynvlong at 6:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2008