Would you adopted internationally or domestically? adult content

Another VERY IGNORANT post was made about internation adoption being stupid and that American citizens should be focusing on the kids in the US. What do you think?
I personally was adopted from S Korea as was my brother and it was stated that international adoptions were novelty babies. WTF?! People never cease to amaze with stupidity!

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Adoption

• I think every adoption is a blessing! It does not matter where the child is from, they all need caring, loving families.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• personal choice, i'd guess. i'd adopt locally, before i went out of state, or even out of the country..but that's me. as long as children are being put into good homes/families, who gives a crap where they come from?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree. There are thousands of kids HERE that are being looked over just because they aren't "foreign" enough or come from a "poverished nation". It's like Americans go for the third world kids because they want their chance of fame on Oprah. KIDS HERE NEED HOMES TOO DAMN IT!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If I had the opportunity I would welcome a child from here or abroad. Makes no difference to me.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Omg what an idiot!! Honestly I can't choose which I would rather do there are so many children all over the world that need a family and that I could easily adopt I just don't know which I would rather do. Btw, I do want to adopt.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would adopt in the US. That's just me. I think it's cool for someone to adopt any kid, no matter where they come from.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would prefer to not adopt domestically in order to avoid contact with the BM.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• International is good for couples who want an infant. I say any kind of adoption is a loving choice. I just wish there were more people willing to adopt the older children.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• if I were to ever adopt, i would personally adopt within the united states. there are so many children all over the world who need homes, but I am all about helping the children of our country get homes.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Ginger, that is an excellent point.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010