"They are wonderful dogs" Right?

Again another case of "Our dog never showed aggression to any one in the family"...Except your unsupervised newborn you morons. People without enough sense to realize ANY dog that is part of the family before the baby is capable of attack. It is the only way they have to show their fear at being replaced.

Som in your opinion was it abuse, neglect or neither?

GrnEyedGrandma

Asked by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pets

• Neglect.

NO PET should EVER be left with a small child, much less an infant, unsupervised. Babies especially make noises that are similar to that of an injured animal. It can cause the animal to instinctively attack and kill.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That is a horrible tragedy... No child should EVER be left alone with a dog, ANY breed dog, no matter what. I would consider that neglect too, with unfortunately a terrible outcome....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OMG how horrible. I would consider that neglect. Tragic to lose a child in that manner.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Definitely neglect. I don't care what breed of dog you have, you don't leave it unattended with a newborn around. That story made me so sad and so angry.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Dammit! I'm so sick of it always being the pit bulls. I say neglect. I NEVER let my dogs alone with my son. EVER, PERIOD!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• any breed of dog can do this not just one breed...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i would consider them morons , and they should go live on a bloody island after theyve been sterilised , and live with dogs , preferably pitbulls . poor baby born into that .
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 2:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• that is sooo sad the baby should not have been left alone with that dog..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• you shouldn't ever leave your kids alone with ANY dog... it dosen't matter if it's a pit bull or a labrador they're ALL capable of an attack
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YOu know cats can be just as aggressive and yes do very major damage!!!! You may not think so but one scratch in a sensitive spot on a newborn can be fatal also umm yeah do not leave a newborn unattended anyway at all.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010