any late nighters?

going through a few contractions...can't sleep and my appointment is in the A.M....anyone up this late? or early? lol

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 4:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i'm still up!!!
    how far apart are they??
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 4:38 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yuppers I am right here got another good hour, how are the contractions going?
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• about every 5 minutes or so. It's not the real REAL thing though, sadly. Or at least I don't think it is. A week ago we were admitted for pre-term labor. They managed to stop what contractions I was having because they didn't want baby to come too soon. (I'm 34 weeks) They sent me home after two days in the hospital with that Brethine meds....and it's just not doing any good. The contractions came back two days ago and all day long they've been regular clockwork.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 4:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I fear that all I'm going through now is just the lovely feeling of those contractions, but no dilation....so much fun...(note sarcasm, lol)
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 4:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i'm sorry to hear about that. I went on meds at 34 weeks with my younger son and i had contractions a couple of days after and they finally stopped, but i had him right at 37 weeks. i'm glad to. he was 8.8lbs! I hope they eithor stop or are just braxton hicks.
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 4:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• well, when we went in last week the doc said they were the real contractions, but that he was glad I came in so we could stop them....It's just so frustrating! I can't imagine doing this for another month or so....which is what doc wants.... and I totally get why. I'd rather baby mature inside me as well, but these are lame!! lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 4:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm still up too. And having contractions myself. UGH!! I wish hubby was up to play with. LOL, but he has to work!!! I have my appointment at 1:45 today.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• lol yea. i had braxton hicks i think it was two days before i had my littlest one (now 2 so my memory is fading. .lol) and I was going crazy. Its no fun to be in the middle of dinner and have one catch you eithor off guard or hit strong. I doubled over once.
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 4:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008