Is there anything else that I can use???

I have a guinea pig, that is the sweetest little thing, and have developed an allergy to the afalfa hay that he grazes on. Is there anything else that I can use to take the place of that?? I know they say to give them orages, and I have done that but he won't even eat them, but will drink his water with the citrus drops. I do give him carrots, but am not real familiar with what other fruits and veggies they can have. Please help!!!

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 2:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pets

• I think I heard someone tell me they can eat bananas, but I would ask a pet store or vet before you give them that.
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• lettuse, salt blocks, They have little mineral blocks as well, mine loved those
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• mine pretty much ate any fruits and vegies. celery, carrots, apples were some of his favs. Also in season he LOVED dandelions!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would call a pet store (large or specialty) to get a good answer, my knowledge pretty much ends at cats and dogs, but I think there should be. Are you positive it is what he is eating or maybe the cedar bedding or whatever that stuff is in the bottoms of the cages.
    45caliber

Answer by 45caliber at 12:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Talk to your local pet store. They should know anything and everything.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• try google or pop in a pet store and ask
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• you can call a pet store
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2010