autism and masterbation adult content

my son has not ''found '' this yet he is 10 , how do you handle this and what do you say or whatever , i need ideas on how to deal with this when it starts , i think this will be one of the tuffest things i deal with concerning my son.

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son has asperger's adn he is very visual. I plan on tackling the whole sex issue using a book with a lot of drawings. He is very matter of fact so I know he will take the whole conversation as 'facts' and nothing more. the sexual part will come later and with it self exploration which I will also talk about. I plan of doing this at about 9 or 10 so when he starts to 'discover' things he will know what it is and how to handle it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son is physically disabled (Duchenne MD), and is in a wheelchair, with almost no use of his arms anymore. He is 12 and this is an issue with us. In my case, we just talk openly and plainly, like we would about any bodily function,that is normal, but we do it privately. I don't know what level of function your son is, but if you haven't already, find a chat group of parents with your sons disability. (Yahoo is a good place to start). I can't tell you how valuable it has been in navigating these waters of a special needs kid! You can ask these other parents ANYTHING, and get straight answers. It's a great help!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my sons have as and they found that a way long time ago my dr just told them its natural its part of being a man I just have to remind them to please go to there rooms when they want to do that its a private matter for them only the whole house doesnt need to know about it. I had also gotten them books since my triplets turned 10 on there bodies so they love to read so I told him heres the books and you can ask anything if you dont understand it . so they have and they do and we answer stuff. goodluck
    klombardo

Answer by klombardo at 10:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• mommyx9 has a great idea for you. I'd try and find a chat group.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010