Christians, what makes you so sure you are right?

This question isn't meant to sound snarky or offensive, but I'm honestly curious why so many Christians, especially of the born again variety are so sure that their religion is the correct one out of all the religions that exist or have previously existed. I mean of course you can quote verses from the new testament, but every religion can point to their holy book as justification of their religion. What is it about your religion that you think makes more sense as being "the one"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a strange Christian. yes I believe my beliefs that Christ is the resurrected Son of God. He died on the Cross so that I can be in Heaven with Him one day but I don't stuff my beliefs down ppls throats. The group DCtalk has a saying that "the greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and deny Him by their lifestyle that is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable" If ppl see Jesus thru me and ask about HIm because of it, I'm doing it right but I don't believe in preaching I believe in practicing what I preach
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Thanks for your response. I didn't mean to imply that all Christians try to force their beliefs on others. I know many Christians don't . But I'm wondering what is it about Christianity that makes you think that it is the correct religion over others?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• This may be a lame answer but faith makes me think I'm right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I can understand why you'd ask the question, and a lot of people feel the way you do. I don't force my religion on others, either and as PP said, people should see Christ in a Christian's life.
    But for me, it's about seeing how my grandparents loved the Lord all their lives, and you didn't have to see them in church on Sunday to know they were Christians. My mom is the same way. God is love, that's the beautiful simplicity of it. I have just felt God in my life during some pretty bad times, so that's how I know.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• But how do you know that Christianity has the true answers over other religions, and no offense, but how can you be certain that it was actually god that was responsible for your grandparents and mother's positive attitude or just their belief that their heart was filled with Christ's love that was causing it? If that doesn't make any sense what I'm trying to say is how do you know that the transformative powers of being born again aren't really a spiritual placebo. That it's not Jesus that's actually changing your heart, but just the belief that Jesus is changing your heart, that makes the difference in a person's life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• well sweetie first of all Christianity is not a religionbut a reality. there are so many different religions out there but are they quoting the scripture? or are they misleading you, that is the question. if your interested you can go on fox and watch pastor Arnold Murray. he has a bible study for 1 hour and teaches verse by verse chapter by chapter, i have to say he is great i can understand and  I'm no longer confused. he is on at 5am well i live in Wisconsin so depending on where you live . times are different. also you can send him a letter and he will read it ion the air and answer it for you. i hope to check it out you won't be sorry..  God bless you 

sweetpea147

Answer by sweetpea147 at 6:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I believe because of faith. I have absolute faith that God is my God and Jesus Christ is my savior. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, so I will give you this. At this time in history the Bible itself is proof because we are watching the prophecies unfold on a daily basis and they are perfectly outlined in the Bible. So it would make a person think how something written 2000 or so years ago matches step by step what is happening in today's world if God does not exist. However, faith is my reason to believe. God Bless
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 6:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me....

Simple...it just makes sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• All religions are wrong. Church and everything behind it is nothing more and nothing less than money making. If you cant believe in yourself, then of course you have to believe in what other people tell you. God does not excist. There is no such thing as god or whoever you pray to. God wont help you, YOU are the one who has to solve your problems.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Along with what others said about faith being what makes us certain there is also historical evidence that supports the Bible where as other religious books don't have that. Prophecies have been fulfilled and the world has followed the "script" the Bible lays out.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 6:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2008