Hair

So I have always been told that women have such beautiful hair during pregnancy and that it grows so much faster and BLAH BLAH BLAH, but my hair is none of those. With my first my hair completely stopped growing I had the same hair cut my entire pregnancy. With this one my hair is growing at a normal pace but I am LOSING tons of hair. Is it normal to lose more hair then normal?

DeegansMomma08

Asked by DeegansMomma08 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Losing hair can indicate that you aren't getting proper nutrition. Talk to your doc about your diet at your next visit, there is probably a nutrient you aren't getting enough of.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• From what I've been told...the prenatal vitamin is usually what helps the growth of hair and nails! I am on prescription PV and my grows pretty normal even though i haven't had much change in how it looks! But losing hair, I hear is somewhat normal! Why? I don't know! Again .. I'm only pregnant with my 1st child and It's only what I've heard! Try and look it up or talk to a dr. about it! Just my advice! Hope everything is great with you and baby!!
    brittneyk86

Answer by brittneyk86 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• During my pregnancy my nails and hair seemed the same as before I was pregnant, I did not see any change. Then it was like right after I delivered her my hair got super long my nails were VERY strong, and I was like WTF lol!!
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010