(If you are), What are you doing to save money?

I just canceled my Old Navy card.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 2:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I try to only buy things I need and not impulse buy. I will think about how many hours I have to work for an item. A shirt is always 2 hours at the office for me and not $----. thier arent very many things I would like to spend hours at the office for. I am trying to menu plan and pack lunches whenever possible. Only make 1 trip to town.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Using coupons, brownbagging to work (I cut my lunches out from 4 days a week to 2-3 a month MAX), snowballing my debt (saving money by paying off faster and cutting interest), switching to less expensive brands, cooking at home more (cut from 1-2 take-out dinners a week to 3-4 month max), reducing my driving, washing my own car, shopping in bulk when possible, cancelled 4 of my credit cards (the 4 store cards that had the shortest histories), shopping at thrift and charity shops, reducing my energy and water use, using reuseable containers instead of plastic bags in lunches, reusing scrap paper for notes
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Using coupons. No junk food.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Let our car get repoed, cancelled TV and internet, our phones are shut off, using cheap diapers, coupons, moved into a 2 bedroom house.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010