I need an answer Ladies...We switched phone carriers and my hubby told me not to pay the older carrier because we did not have the money.

Today a collection agency called and they asked for my hubby. He was not home and they told me they would call back. I got a letter from the collection agency today demanding the money and a letter from the old phone company with a zero balance. What should I tell my hubby ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• The truth.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You need to show him the letters and sorry, but you cannot just not pay a bill just because you've switched phone carriers and don't have money. You shouldn't have switched carriers until you could afford to pay off both bills.

That will go into collections and will hound you the rest of your life until it is paid off.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You need to have him call and get it all cleared up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeah you need to get to the bottom of it. Call collection and ask them exactly what it is for and the dollar amount. And then tell them that you have a zero balance letter from said company, and you don't know why it is in collections.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Reason why the company balance is zero is because the company let the collection agency take over.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 2:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Tell him and then pay the bill. Nicjon is right the collection agency has taken over so that is why there is no balance showing on the letter. If the bill is high you can try to set up a payment plan or you can get them to lower the total bill if you pay in full.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You need to tell him what is going on, also you need to pay your bills. This is your responsibility. If you cannot afford to pay your bills then maybe you need to find ways to cut expenses. I
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm confused. If he's saying don't pay the older carrier, and you have a zero balance, why is collection coming after you?
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That is why I do not know what to tell my husband.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I was about to ask if you trying to get bad credit. Pay the debt. You used the service, you pay the bill. That's usually how it goes. Tell your husband the truth.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010