how do i tell him i lost the baby...?

i just found out today i miscarried. im 16 and my ex is 18. he didnt really wanna keep the baby in the 1st place so i dont know if he gonna show sympathy or just be like okay and forget about or take it hard. i dont know how to tell him because we arent dating and we never really talked about if i loss the baby but we knew it was a chance. how should i tell him?

shan02

Asked by shan02 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Whether he wanted the baby or not, he is still the father, so he still deserves to know. Just gather up the courage and tell him you would liek to meet for brunch or something and talk, that it is important. Then I would inform him about everything, the loss, what the doctors think caused the miscarriage and etc. Just be upfront and gentle about it, because even though he might not have wanted the baby, it was still his baby and I am sure if he has any heart at all he will be upset. It is best to do these types of things in person.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 7:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• He does deserve to know. Just simply tell him you lost the baby and leave it at that. Don't let him bring you down at this time. I'm sorry for your lost
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Call him. Now, that being said. I am sorry for your loss. I'm sure at any age it's difficult. You need to get on birth control. It is so hard to be a teenage Mom. This is your chance to finish school and be a normal teen.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry. Just tell him as gently as you can, but do it soon. You don't need to worry so long about it.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No advice, but hugs to you.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry for you loss. I would just tell him. It is what it is, you can't change it. I've had 3 m/c's and it was hard emotionally for DH and I both, but we got through it together with the goal of keep trying to have another. Not to sound mean at all but being so young and not married, maybe its for the best in the long run.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010