preg. and not know it?

Were you preg. and not know it until the end? i'm sure i'm not, but its just so weird. I have two friends who are days apart, and my hubby were trying at the same time ( army wives going through deployment) and i've had my normal cycles, but i'm into cravings and not sleeping as good, mood swings, and a whole bunch of stuff. its annoying! I took preg. tests (5) and they all said neg.

But i was just wondering if anyone went through it and ended up with a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yep. I had NO idea I was pregnant. I was 20 weeks along and at an ultrasound appointment to check for a blood clot in my abdomen. I had lost weight and there was a bulge there. I hadn't missed any periods. Was on birth control. My breasts were sore for about a week and I took about 6 tests and all said neg. I had no morning sickness or any other sign. The only way I found out was on that ultrasound table and the tech said "Oh you're about 20 weeks along!!"
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You could be emulating your friends' pregnancies. My husband has a LOT of my symptoms even thought he ought not to. LOL. He gets backaches like mine, gets emotional, the same smells that make me sick, make him sick, etc. Hee hee cute huh?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My parents told me about my dads co-worker. His daughter was having bad cramps ect. on christmas eve a couple years ago. A friend came over (who is a nurse) and checked on her. She told the daughter: "Well honey, you are having your baby now! you are in labor!"... The daughter was shocked and asked: "What baby are you talking about??? im not even pregnant!"... Everybody in the city was talking about the little christmas surprise baby, it was even in the newspaper. Its funny, but they all must have been scared to death. The not knowing about her luck-mommy wasnt fat, nor skinny. She always lost and gained weight, she had her period through the whole pregnancy. Really weird. But great christmas gift :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• There's a show on Discovery Health about it. Its more common than you think. I know one person who claimed she didn't know, but I don't know if I believe her. She's a little "off", if you know what I mean!! You can definately have false negatives, though. I worked with a girl never had a positive OTC preg test and the urine tests at the Dr always came out neg. She had to have blood tests for a positive result. Or your symptoms might be "sympathetic pregnancy" symptoms. I'd go to the doctor just to ease my mind. Good luck!!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008