Where were you when you felt your baby kick for the first time?

Well I didn't know I was pregnant. But I vividly remember when my son kicked me for the first time. I was watching Sweeney Todd and I felt a jump in my tummy. I thought "Omg I have some bad gas." so I asked my grandma for a beano. "Gran I have some bad gas, it feels like a bug jumping around inside me." LOL.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• mine was just a few weeks ago, i was trying to sleep...as usual. i was staying over at my friend mike's house and his dog had his head on my stomach when it happened, the dog turned his head all sideways with that confused dog look. lol. mike then looked all confused too, but i just smiled and said it was the baby, i was excited, until in continued through the whole night! now it never fails, whether just trying to sleep or relax the baby kicks, and its gotten more intense since then so it actually makes me jump sometimes!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• LOOOL! Marlye thats funny. I just hope you wont name your child beano ;) Great story. :)

I cant really remember where i have been when my daughter kicked me for the first time, because it took me a few kicks from her to realize that this is actually her kicking me. But the first time when i really knew it was her, I was laying in my bed, it was late night and i couldnt sleep.

I think thats one of the most amzing feelings in the world.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was lying on the couch, getting ready to take a nap, and it felt like a butterfly was fluttering around in my belly! I'll never forget it (and that was 7 years ago).
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was leaning up again a wall in front of the desk. I thought the desk kicked me! Then, I realized what happened. So naive the first time around.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was in the car making a left turn off the Dulles Toll Road onto Fairfax County Parkway. I thought the car did something funny, and then later realized what it was!
    icook

Answer by icook at 8:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was in the car driving home from an ob appointment.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was eating french toast. Kinda funny cause she HATES bread! lol
    Halleys_mommy

Answer by Halleys_mommy at 9:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• How far along were you when you found out?
    I dont remember...does that make me an awful mom? :(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• on valentine's day
    chellenout

Answer by chellenout at 1:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was sitting in my 2nd block class and felt a jump in my tummy. I looked down and I was like... whoaaaaa. I wont ever forget that.
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 2:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2008