How do i wash Car Seat Strap?!

i have a Graco convertible car seat..im getting different stories and techniques to wash the staps. A doctor said its ok to wash cold and then hang dry..but not to wash wash to often.... Another mother said to soak in warm water..while another says its NOT OK to wash warm or hot ONLY cold.. i was following General instructions on how to wash the Fabric of the car seat in the manual that came with the car seat. i have washed the straps twice in the washer and hung them to dry because my daughter puked on them. Im calling Graco right now.. but nothing is better than other mom and their special techniques :)

Kitty2785

Asked by Kitty2785 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always wash everything in cold water. I took of everything from the carseat and threw it in the wash with cold water. Then hang the straps to dry. If the carseat cover can go in the dryer then that will go in the dryer under low heat. Hope this helps.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i have washed my straps, and hung them to dry! these are made of sturdy material and can withstand a wash or two...
    good luck! if you want to be extra carefull wash them with Dreft (or equivelent mild laundry soap) geared towards babies.
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would call Graco, but I was always told to never submerge straps in water, it can break them down.
    bensmum25

Answer by bensmum25 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i have a graco convertible car seat and have put the straps in the washer and dryer a few times and they're fine nothing has happened to them
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• you arent supposed to submerge the straps, only wipe them with a damp cloth and air dry because they can break down and weaken and fail in the event of a crash. It should have the directions in your manual, if not call graco...they may want you to replace the harness since you have already washed them.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i wash them in cold water and have them air dry
    nataly22

Answer by nataly22 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010