when do you start buying maternity clothes?

MommyAppelseed

Asked by MommyAppelseed at 3:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When you can't fit in anything else.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• The minute my normal pants start feeling tight, I LOVE wearing maternity clothes, heh. They're so comfy....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When your regular clothes get too tight. For me the jeans were the first to be tight, there were tops I had that I could still wear but I just knew one day that the jeans had to be replaced with actualy maternity pants. Don't buy a ton right away though because you just keep getting bigger- some of the stuff that fit me at 4 months did not fit at 8 months.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just when my stuff got too tight. It was different with all three of my kids.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When your pants or shirts are just uncomfortable or tight.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It depends on the person. I could fit in my normal pants up to my 28th week but it hurt to sit down starting at the 18th week so that was when I bought my first pair of maternity jeans.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When my pants didn't fit any more I moved onto belly bands to hold them in place and when those no longer worked I moved onto maternity pants. I wore most of my regular shirts up until a few weeks before I was due.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When your pants get uncomfortable. My SIL (bless her) convinced me to get one pair of black maternity yoga pants when I was about 6 weeks pregnant. It was another 6 weeks before the day came when I really needed them, but when that day came, I really, really did, and I was thankful I could get dressed for work without extreme discomfort.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When you close stop fitting :)
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I believe it was in the last trimester.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010