whats with my sil?

long story short. a dog was attacked, killed our dog & the lady is claiming the dog isn't hers.in talking with lady i started to doubt myself on if i can sue her even if she is not the owner so i asked on facebook this...& then my sil acted like this. what do you think is her problem? does she not like me, maybe?.... does anyone know if your watching a dog for someone and it bit or killed a dog if you can sue them. i'm pretty sure that your responsible if you took the responsibility of the dog for them. i need to file small claims court on lady who was supposedly watching the dog that killed toodles. although she won't or can't give us the owner info.
sil:I think you need to contact a lawyer for all this info & to file the suit if possible.
my mom:Just file in small claims court, no need for attorney.& yes, she is responsible!

i have to continue on the answer part....

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• me:yeah i called our small claims office and will do that asap. besides the report says both dogs attacked her so it doesn't matter. i'm keeping every detail and witnesses reports to back up my claim. she doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    sil:Oh that's right I forgot you guys don't like paying for anything. Good luck representing yourself then. Hope you win.
    me: i deleted this after speaking with mom but what i had posted was. an attorney would cost me more then my losses.my mother would know as she was a paralegal for dog bite cases. (mind you these were cases with children, plastci surgery and hospital bills and damage) also whats with the attitude. i won't say my other comment only because your my beloved husbands sister.
    continue again. sorry so long
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry but I don't get what the problem is? I think you may be taking what she said too personally.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• she just sounds like a b*tch. Maybe thats her problem lol. Ugh I hate people like that.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• sil:I think you are mistaken Melody. I truly hope you win. I just know from my own experience that it is always better to have a lawyer. Just my personal opinion and I have used lawyers before and do have some personal knowledge of legal matters. Also I have simply observed from your family that you only choose free options where you don't have to pay for things. I am glad you Mother has experience with things like this so she can help you. Good luck.
    why would she even have to reference the fact that i want to save money or that i'm extremely thrifty. i have to be cause we just don't have the money to spend or waste money on stuff. plus i'm a bit peeved that my husband miss the point when i told him about her attitude. he just said she was trying to be helpful. with her snide remarks. she could of said all that without bringing in any of her snide remarks. my mom says she is jealous of what? that i'm thrifty.what do you think
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I still don't see what she said as snide. She was just stating her observations. I would just leave it alone and not assume that she was being rude until I knew for sure.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think your husband is right, I think she was just stating what she thought of the situation and her advice. I would just let it go.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think her saying, "oh I forgot you guys dont like paying for anything" was a snide remark. the rest of what she said was fine. I would've taken that the wrong way because it was rude to say that.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• exactly and if she really feels like that she could of just kept that part to herself.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• eh some people just need to have something to be rude about and that happens to be hers...let it go because if she really wants you to have legal counsel tell her you will if she pays! =)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010