My fiance and I have been together for four years and theres a 23 year age difference between us. He doesnt want children because he has one from a previous marriage. I found out today that Im pregnant, and I was wondering what the best way to tell him would be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• gently...Just sit him down at home, keep it quiet and calm and just tell him.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• you just to tell him. he had sex with you, he knew the consequences. if he loves you, he'll ok. best of luck to you.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just be honest with how you feel about being pregnant.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would make sure you can sit down with no interuptions and just tell him. Then you need to give him time to absorb it. If he isn't thrilled about it be understanding becasue you knew he didn't want more kids. After he has time to absorb it and think about it he may surprise you and be thrilled about the idea. I know that my husband and I went back and forth on if we wanted more kids. We finally decided against it but if it happened I think we would have been happy too.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If he did not want children then he should have done what he could to protect himself from it...he didn't and there is nothing he can do about it now...just tell him but do it soon! (BTW: just remember he might start accusing you of cheating and such so be prepared for it...just in case he might want a paternity...the older the man the more likely the accusations!)

Anonymous

• after dinner or when its most calm around the house & just you two id sit down with him & just say " Im really nervous about your reaction but ive got something to tell you: Im pregnant".. and sit until he talks.. or after a few minutes ask him how he feels... maybe he will be happy. if not just try not to take it personally. he can stay upset-thats his loss. a baby is on the way weather he wants to accept it or not... it may not be until he see's the baby that it clicks he is a daddy again. so dont think all is lost if he isnt excited the day u tell him. If he cannot accept a new baby, even after birth, then obviously he is not that great of a man anyways & isnt worth u/babies time..
    Our pregnancy was a suprise. DH didnt bond with belly much. but he is a great daddy now that she is here.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just tell him I am sure it will all turn out Congrats
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010