How much are skateboards?

I want to get my son a skateboard for Christmas. How much are they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• twenty bucks to hundreds of dollars

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We bought my 4yr old one for about 20 bucks, my DH's on the other hand cost about $140
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Well, it depends how serious you want to get about it. My son skates, and is in the process of being looked at to be nationally sponsored, so we are pretty far into it. You can get a beginner board, like at Target, or Academy Sports or somewhere like that for under $40.00. If your son shows lots of promise, I can guarantee, that board won't last very long. My son's boards run anywhere from $150.00- $300.00. That is, they sell the board separate, the trucks, wheels, and most pro shops will put the grip tape on when you purchase the board. It's a pretty expensive hobby, but if someone can get nationally sponsored, it makes up for it. Hope your son has lots of fun, I know mine does!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 3:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree, $20 to $500...my son has one that we bought for $200.00.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010