Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how can i help get my 19 yr old brother get released from state custody?

My brother is mentally ill and was placed in a mental facility.the court tried to find a family member but no one wanted to take that responsibility. I didn't know about the court date and I was not called.. I have expressed verbally and in writing to his case manager that I would take care of him. What else can I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (2)
  • Is he a ward of the state? Who is his legal guardian? Is he his own legal guardian>

    Answer by pixie_trix at 3:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

  • Did you get a response from his case manager? I think you started in the right place.

    Answer by Jessica157 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.