i have a question about my hair.

i bleached my hair a lil over a month ago and its been really dry lately and falling out a lil more than normal and i wanted to know what would happen if i died it again? would it damage my hair nemore?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would let it rest a bit more before doing anything else, in the mean time condition it well!

Answer by older at 3:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes, unfortunately, bleaching again will only further damage it. You can however, color it. That will make it appear healthy again. You can also concentrate on healing your hair. If you haven't tried it, It's a 10 Miracle Hair Repair Masque is certainly worth the money. It's fantastic! Take care of your hair, stay away from heat and products that contain alcohol for now.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yea i wanna dye it darker i dont think i look good as a blonde lol. so its ok to make it darker?
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My hair dresser said that it's ok, that it happens a lot when women have taken their hair too light. Most of the professional dyes actually have really good conditioners in them, so it may help!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would stay a blonde for awhile your hair went through a real tough ordeal let it calm down alittle them go to a professional salon and darken it then I'd say atleast a month try to condition it very good and longer then usual (deep condition once a week). you should have tried a blonde wig before you made that move silly girl. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Go see a hairdresser If not, try something like Loving Care., one that is not permanent.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• im a hairdresser , you can just do your grown out hair at the scalp , be carefull bleach creeps meaning you put it on it spreads down the hair shaft a tiny bit, follow the directions and watch it , you dont have to put the bleach on all of your hair.
    if you dye it darker , the bleached hair is gonna really absorb the dye ---dont use a permanante color unless you go to a proffesional it will damage hair .
    do not put a RED COLOR over bleached hair yourself--use a semi-permanate color that does not have the words ---WARM OR AUBURN OR IF PIC ON BOX LOOKS RED AT ALL IT WONT BE WHAT YOU THINK--if your grow out is grey same thing.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• ouch... i think that you've gotten good answers though... good luck!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm a stylist. Yes. you can go darker, but no more bleach! Also, I'd work on reparing as another girl said. Its a 10 is good, but I'd opt for the "Hair Repair" by Paul Mitchell, or Joico's K-pack (weekly. Also use a good fortifying/strengthening daily shampoo/conditioner. Paul Mitchell makes Super strong, or Aquage strengthening line. Best of luck to you!
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 9:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would go to a salon and see what they suggest. They probably have a product to help with the dry hair too.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010