What do you think of women who thrive on compliments?

for example, they look young for their age and are very pretty so they get complimented a lot. They start to fish for compliments or even post things in their FB status like "someone said I look old today" just so that people with contradict it or even post pictures of themselves when they were in the teens just to get more compliments and reactions. I'm curious about this. I think it's unhealthy to thrive on the opinion of others. Im all for loving yourself, but this kind of behavior is unhealthy and a little conceited. Opinions Please

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 3:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i love to fish for compliments, it makes me feel good :) I know i am beautiful so why not have everyone tell me :)

..............j/k
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I love compliments too, who doesn't?????and here is no insecurities here!!! I do not need them to thrive but welcome each and everyone of them!

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't think people act like this because they love themselves....I believe it shows a lack of confidence, lack of self-esteem, fear of getting old..... A lot of women get the message in our culture that getting old or looking old is a bad thing....when they were young, the source of their self-esteem was their bodies...we sometimes get the message that our value decreases as we age....it is a very sad part of our culture, in my opinion, and there are people working very hard to change that....but it takes a long time to change cultural norms, even the negative ones....not everyone sees the pain, and are more apt to judge.....(a very human practice that is usually unconcious)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I heard lots of women fish for compliments. It's not just a type, I think we are all guilty of it.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• They're insecure which is why they need the constant ego boost.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think that they usualy have self esteem problems. But It dosnt bother me to much....Sometimes it does when they are fishing for one but other then that it dosnt bother me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm one of them! Whatcha gonna do about it? I LOVE compliments. So what? Don't you like compliments? It doesn't mean i'm concieted or have low self esteem, but I don't argue with someone if they tell me something good about myself. So sue me!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think they enjoy the self esteem boost and because they lack it, they constantly need it. I feel sorry for them too.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YAY older! There is nothing wrong with wanting to hear something good about yourself and it's not a lack of self-esteem issue. It's nice to hear I look good even on my worst day.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Have you ever tried on an outfit and asked either a friend or your husband if your ass looked huge, even if you know it IS huge? Lol. That is also considered fishing for compliments and I don't know one single woman who has not done exactly that. Sometimes when we are feeling down we need a boost...but I wouldn't get my boost off of facebook for all to see.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010