stay at home dads

do you think if the roles were reversed that a man could handle all the things stay at home moms do?

sahms are usually in charge of taking care of the kids 24/7, meals, cleaning, laundry, shopping, bath and bedtime (sometimes with a little help from dad), taking them to the doctor, stuff like that.

do you think your husband/so could do everything a stay at home mom would do?

i think mine could do some of it, but not all. for example i know he sure as hell wouldn't take 3 kids to the grocery store by himself. if we wanted a healthy dinner, i would still have to cook when i got home from work.

im asking because i feel my hubby is insensitive sometimes about the things i do. he doesnt have to work til 10 am everyday and bitches that he doesnt get to "sleep in" even though i get up at 6:30 everyday with them. once he said "give them up for adoption then" jokingly but it was still extremely rude. i guess im not

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know for a fact that my husband could not, would not. I NO that may sound harsh, but I have NO help from him at all. He will not change a diaper, or do baths. He does not like to even put them to bed, and does not. If he is home, and I need go to the store, he will not watch the kids. I have to take them both. If I leave him with Just one child.........he gives me hell when I get home. I could go on, but he is not here to defend himself. I guess this question hit home today. sorry ladies to be so negative. I should have just said NO!!
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• we have three stay at home dads in our neighborhoods. they seem to do a great job from what i can tell. they chose as a family to have reversed roles from the mainstream, so i think those dads knew what they were getting into.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My hubby was a stay at home dad for 4 months...he went slightly crazy lol...but he took great care of the kids, was reading and started potty training my son cleaned house (most of the time) so when I came home I made dinner and we kept a great schedule. It was the happiest moment of my life!! oh how I miss those days....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Most dads??NO And I know if dads had to have the babies the human race would end. lol
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My husband wouldn't. He did crap when he was unemployed a few years ago and I worked.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Well me and my boyfriend aere stay at home parents and he most certainly can handle everything..and he could everything that a stay at home mother could. I could too on my own.

BUT my boyfriend is one of the exceptions I believe - he cooks all our meals, does half cleaning etc

I don't think every man could..I think if a man had to they would try their best but I reckon they would skip doing laundry, skip cooking maybe...and anything else because they wouldn't find the time in between looking after kids. I mean 1 kid is a lot of work even for me and my boyfriend at times - but 3 kids on our own? That certainly would be a much bigger responsibility..so I can definitely see men skipping the other things stay at home moms do.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I know a stay at home dad who is great. His DD will be 1 next month and he does EVERYTHING for her! He changes diapers, he makes her food and feeds her put her to bed etc etc. He is wonderful at it. I think men are just as capable as women to raise children.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Mine could do most of the things that I do just not on the schedule that they need to be done. If I have to go to the office and I come home and the house is still standing and dinner is cooked and all toys are put away I am completely amazed at how he did it. I am a WAHM and he is a WHAD and I still have to do most of the child rearing, cleaning and cooking and Lord help me if the laundry isn't done. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I definitely think there are some dads out there that can do it. Mu hubby can do it but even he admits that if he had to do it 24/7 he would lose his mind. Lol; this is y he doesn't argue with me when I want 45 min to take a bath and shave my legs...alone.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 4:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Some dads, sure. I had a sahd growing up. It's the same for men as it is for women, not every person is cut out to sah.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010