More of a statement/slash vent...

Babies are supposed to cry for you, wake at night, want to be held and eat small amounts frequently.
Babies don't "Need" to learn how to lay there contently for hours, sleep all night long, play all by themselves or eat 9ounces and be fine for 5 hours.
Why do women come on here complaining about their babies? I mean at one or two years, I get it, but, at 1,2,3,4 or 5 MONTHS? Really? Did you have a kid and expect it to never cry if you leave it laying in a crib alone or playing on a mat for hours? Did you expect your baby to sleep 10 hours every night from birth? Because it's rare for that to happen...

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I completely agree with you! It literally disturbs me to the core when people ask how they can get their 5 month old to sleep through the night or what they can do to keep their baby busy while they do stuff around the house. So basically they are asking how the can make their child sleep through their hunger, not feeling well, or need to be held. Its sooo sad really. People try and villianize me because I go along with my SON'S schedule...not try to change his to fit mine. He was not a planned baby, but I adjusted my life to be planned around him because I believe that's how it should be. He still sleeps with me in my bed at 14 months old and I'm the "bad" guy while all the others mothers out there bragging about their child sleeping in their crib at night...even though they scream for hours before hand. There are worse things in life than having to tend to your child at all hours of the night. MUCH worse things.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh Boy! Someone has a bit of PMS!!! I think it is actually BECAUSE they are New Mom's and had no idea how hard being a Mom really is! It starts out as a fantasy before they get pregnant and while they are pregnant, the fantasy continues until one day after the baby is born, BAM! Reality strikes especially when there is no one to help you and it's just you & the child. It's a reality lesson for sure!! Hey, live & learn!!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am so with you on this one. Babies were not meant to eat, act and sleep like teenagers!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Agreed... but I also remember being that sleep deprived first time mommy with my colicky son who hated to sleep ( I swear at 3 he STILL does lol ) and having people brag to me about how many hours their child/baby plays or just coo's by itself and "sleeps all night at 6 weeks old" and my DH mother telling us to "stop spoiling " and even though I read 2 what to expect books and gathered as much information and was 28 when I had our son, I still all of a sudden had NO IDEA what I was doing and the lack of sleep and colic and breast feeding issues, formula issues, reflux , constipation.. the list goes on but this is when I found CM.. I felt truly lost and didn't know a lot of what I was doing.. so as much as you really want to bash these mommies, take a step back and think maybe they really just don't know it all YET.. they need help, like I did../and still do .. often..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• To be honest, when you are a single mom I can understand why they complain about the first few months.
    But I won't complain, because after my first miscarriage of twins, and being widowed, my baby girl is all I have :)
    AlyssaJones

Answer by AlyssaJones at 4:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• AMEN!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Agree, did you see the one about the clingy 4 month old??????????

Answer by older at 3:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• @BradenIsMySon, everyone is different! It doesn't mean that she doesn't love her baby, maybe she just needs a little help or even God forbid some time out like for an hour to collect her thoughts. Hey, absolutely NO one ever helped me at all and I only wen't out at night to grocery shop when my DH was home & I am an older Mom. I can see how much harder it can be on a younger Mom. Like I said before, we all live & learn and it's nice to help other Moms here constructively and try not to bash. Sorry, I am not jumping on the band wagon today.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• "Why rush a baby to be so independent, then, put a choke collar on them as kids and wonder why they can't make it as adults?" - plus the rest of what you said..all I can say is I don't understand it either...and completely agree with what you are saying.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010