Are you with or married to a younger man?

I am 36 and I'm interested in a man that is four years younger than I am. I can't get past the age thing. How can I get past it? And how do I approach him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Technically, yes..lol. But I don't think it counts, because I"m only 4 days older :-)
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i was married to a man that was to the day 3 years younger. it never bothered me, and i never thought about it really. i loved him.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No, I am with a much older man and in my case our age difference has faded away. If you were in your teens and had a 4 year age difference that would be one thing, but in your thirites when you have both matured... it honestly doesn't matter.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am with someone now who is a year younger than I am and I really dont take notice to it since I love him. It was weird at first since i have always liked older guys but it was a nice change.
    tashi02

Answer by tashi02 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My guy is 363 days younger, so, it isn't an issue.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My fiance is 2 1/2 years younger than me and it has never bothered me at all. He is very mature and is a wonderful man;)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i'm 37 just turn and my husband and i are 6 yrs apart. just look at what he has to offer and if you can accept him for who he is. i sometimes wish i had looked harder but i love him and he's good to me. the advantages of them being younger is that they are easier to live with. meaning they aren't as set in their ways as an older man so your able to have them do more for you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My husband is almost 1 year younger than me. This would have bothered me a lot when I was in high school, but as an adult it doesn't seem to matter. Give yourself a break and stop worrying about his age. Tell yourself you just want to give it a try and see how it feels. Ask him to join you to do something fun and see how it goes. You can say, "Hey, I really want to go to the haunted house this Saturday, but I don't have anyone to go with me. Would you like to come with me?" GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yes I am and very proud of it...he is 5 yrs younger than I and yet we are meant for each other...he IS my better whole! (LOl we do not say half)
    Just talk to him and ignore the age thing...why is age so important anyways?
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My DH is 5 yrs younger than me. It has never bothered me because he's the most amazing man I've ever met and he makes me laugh. The only possible difference I can see is that you might be more ready to settle down and start a family and he might not quite be ready.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010