Do you think the political views of CMr's are representative of the general public?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 4:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep - some loud conservatives, some loud liberals, and the vast majority don't give a shit and think it's all boring.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• rolling on floorSounds about right tome!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My personal view/thoughts in regards to that question.

That would be a "yes & no" answer.. LOL

Yes, because for the most part, we are the "general public". The majority if us live in hourly wage earning households, the majority do are not multimillionares/billionares they all work for a living (or their spouses do), we are people from all over the country ,even with our differences most of us do have many of the same daily/life struggles we just experience them/view them differently.

No. Those of us who do voice political views are also interested in and acitively involved in politics/political issues in one way or another. Many in the general public, aren't **that** into politics, and freely admit it. Many find politics boring, or they just aren't interested. So in that sense, no we do not really represent the general public. Many here, are very interested/enjoy/involved in politics on some level.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree with Pixie, we may be a good representation of the average American except for the fact that many average Americans don't bother with politics so, mostly, those who frequent this section or political debate groups have a better grasp of what's going on.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• NP summed it up very nicely I'd say
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 4:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I hope not........
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We are the general public!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think only in extreme anger.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 6:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think we ARE a good "cross section" of America! We come from all walks of life, demographics, regions, and have varied life experiences which shape our views. I think the opinions expressed here are representative of the country--and we all know there are quite a few MEN who post on here as well!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It would be easy to think so, but then if you see any of those "Man on the Street" interviews from various news shows and Late Night shows, you realize that there are MANY truly ignorant folks out there.

It is scary how uninformed MANY people are about hugely important aspects of our government !

Of course, I wouldn't hear about the political ideas of CafeMoms anywhere except on this Politics & Current Events forum ... and the women on here are self-selected for being politically-informed.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010