More of a statement/vent

Not all parents are perfect. Sometimes they hear different information from different family members and friends about what there baby should be doing, or they should be taking care of it and they decide to come on here and ask for more opinions.

Some women havent been around babies before they had there own and didnt realize that a baby is going to want to be held every minute of the day and how hard that is going to be when they are going on 3 hours of sleep. Sometimes becomeing a parent is a learning process and when a women comes on here to ask a question so that she can become a better mother, is it really necessary for you to make her feel like she is the biggest idiot and worst mother around?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 4:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• you rock BUMP Wish I could bump you again Thanks for this post! New moms need to be encouraged and not feel like there questions are dumb! Support new moms! I once was a new mom and I needed all the advice and support I could get!

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You're absolutely right. I saw the post (I think) that you are referring to, and some of the answers were pretty craptastic. No one is perfect, we all do the best we can. It sucks that some people feel the need to put others down.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• bump

xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• you rock

Anonymous

• Big hugs, mama. I know how you feel. Being a parent is tough stuff! Sometimes we just need support. So I'm sending big hugs to ya and if I ever see a question posted by you I promise to show care and support!
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 4:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• SOOO AGREE!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Bumped you! You go girlfriend!! Well said too! I for one had NO clue! I never even babysat a child or changed a diaper prior to having my own. Family would come to visit like La De Da and leave without so much as putting their own glass in the sink!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i usually say
    " a worried mom is a good mom"
    or
    "all moms worry"

so if it is a simple silly question, it is not a dumb question, just a mom worried question
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I know how you feel I was an only child and had never changed a diaper and then I had my kids and it was all new to me a lot of people think their way is the only way
    tashi02

Answer by tashi02 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010