is it normal to still have a pink discharge almost 3 weeks after delivery and to have sharp stabbing pains in the clitoris?

Asked by fayrechick at 4:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure about the stabbing pains, but you can have varying colors of discharge for at least 6 weeks after delivery. When in doubt, always call your doctors office. You should at least be able to talk to a nurse to determine whether or not you should come in.

Answer by supershlea at 8:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My goodness three weeks? Wow I was still bleeding like crazy until 6 weeks and then it stopped all the sudden (they checked and nothing was wrong I was just bleeding.) I also had stitches so I had some "sore" pain down there until around 3 or 4 weeks, but I didn't feel comfortable having sex until 6 or 7 weeks. That's just me, but if your worried i would call your doc to be safe (I had my doc on speed dial lol)

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 3:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Good lord, I couldn't sit, pee, have sex, ANYTHING for a good month or two after. And yup it was mostly in my clitoris. Don't worry...things will go back to nomal :)

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008