is there anything i should take with me when traveling on an air plane with my tot?

we are going on a 2 1/2 hr flight in a month and she has never traveled by plane

yuveria

Asked by yuveria at 4:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep the normal things you would have if you were going out with her. Diapers wipes, a snack, and a toy that is not to loud that will keep her busy for a while. Also make sure you have a cup for her to drink. Try to hold off on giving her something to drink before you take off because her drinking when you take off will help with her ears poping. I am going to be flying with my son for the 4th time next month and he is now 17 months. He was 12 months last time we were on a plane. Good luck. Oh yeah drinking durring the landing is good as well. If your DD uses a paci then that will work as well instead of drinking her cup.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• thanks
    yuveria

Comment by yuveria (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Take extra food/snacks. My DIL always packs twice as much as she usually needs in case they get delayed (which did happen once and she was SO glad she had the extra food) Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• take a couple new things that you know they are really gonna like. take only one thing out at a time. when that gets old go for the next. Also take a sippy or something to drink cause they're ears can really bother them. Hope like heck you sit by a nice person cause people can be so rude when traveling with a child especially when they act up. Good Luck!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Here are some Tips for flying with toddlers  Happy flight.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• that was a really good article
    yuveria

Comment by yuveria (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010