Why do some women

Completely let themselves go after marriage and childbirth???? My mom did it. She is so pretty when she wants to be but after she got married and had 2 more kids she has completely quit caring about her appearance. She's gained a ton of weight, cut all her hair off because "its convienent" never wears make up hardly every shaves her legs and she can be so pretty! Her response is "who am I going to impress" umm your husband!!!

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 4:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i don't know the answer to that one - i am 67 and i still keep myself up - for me and for my husband - we are still as if we were just married and we have been married 46 wonderful years - i have regular hair appts. for cut, color, highlights, wax eyebrows, under lip - 2-week appts. for manii-pedis - i have acrylic nails - i go to the gym every day - i always dress well - jeans around the house or shorts - short skirts for outside or short dresses - whatever is classic or in style - still wear heels - shave my legs and arms on a regular basis - do the best i can with what i have to work with - he is always proud to have me on his arm - i shall never give him the opportunity to want another woman - so far, it's worked out just fine - he treats me like a princess - that part of it is nice, also - smiles
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If the husband doesn't care, why should you? I'm sorry, but between taking care of a toddler, being pregnant, having a full time job AND keeping the house decent, I don't have the time or energy to worry too much about my appearance. I still shave (well, wax) because I can't stand body hair, but I can't remember the last time I did something with my hair other than put it in a pony tail, and I'm sure as hell not going to teeter around in high heels right now. In the morning, I'll apply eyeliner and mascara, and call it a day. My fiance doesn't care. He loves me for ME, not for my make-up or clothes, and he's still VERY attracted to me, so it's all good.

If you have the time and/or energy to waste on doing your hair, putting on a ton of make-up, and walking around in uncomfortable clothes, more power to you. Just don't criticize others who don't. Worry about yourself.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Different people, different priorities I guess.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Because its easier to let yourself go than to try. Thats my guess. Some people truly just arent worried about their appearance. Hopefully that will never happen to me, but I do know of some women who "gave up" on themselves.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• true. sometimes i dont care how i look, but ive always been that way. like if i just woke up, and i need to run to the grocery store, i will go with no make up, hair in a bun, in my PJ's but if me and my SO are going out, i still love to look pretty, get dressed up, do my hair, all of that. and i also stay on a diet and workout, not just for looks, but for my health.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• As a single mom I am always busy, whether it is cleaning, working, or of course caring for my baby, so my appearance is often the last thing I think of. Though when I do have the time and energy I do take the time to pretty myself up.
    With your mom though, it is probably because she doesn't think of it as important anymore, she probably has mroe pressing issues to take care of.
    AlyssaJones

Answer by AlyssaJones at 4:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am up all night nursing my DD. I wake up throw on jeans and t. Pull my hair into a pony. Then it's off to help dress my five year old and three year old. Then I have to get their teeth brushed, breakfast made, change diapers, start laundry and get my five year old to the bus. I come home to do workbooks with my three year old, nurse and change more diapers, and clean the house. We have playdates, art classes, gym classes, and swim. Then I pick up my son from the bus. It's time to eat..do homework..wash dishes...feed animals. No I don't doll myself up. For what?? So I can get paint on my nice outfit? so my DD can pull at my freshly straightened or curled hair? How I look doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 4:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't get it either. Even better is when they accuse those of us that take pride in our appearance to be "sluts" or bad mothers. I'm neither. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I know a lot of those too! never have understood them because I get all dolled up for me and me alone, it makes me feel good when I know I look good. I am not trying to impress anyone in particular, but it is sure nice when hubby compliments......

Answer by older at 4:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I had those days called infant stage. For pretty much the 1st year, I didn't do much. Now, I do get dressed up more often and put on makeup and do my hair.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010