Anyone at NAS Corpus Christi??

I am trying to find some new friends. All my friends have changed duty stations and I am very lonely and bored while DH is at work. I have a 1 year old daughter and we go to the park by the day care every day around 4 if you wanted to come by and just meet. I am a generally shy person, but once I get to know you, watch out because I never SHUT UP! LOL
I really need some kind of social interaction. I am tired of being locked in this house every day by myself. Its starting to get depressing.

Lizzys_mommy13

Asked by Lizzys_mommy13 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, you are lonely:( We were living in Corpus while hubby was stationed in Ingleside, but now that he is out we are in Houston. I hope you find some friends soon, going to the park is always a great place to meet other moms!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Thanks shanlaree. :) Unfortunately, I rarely meet anyone at the park here. The day care/youth center across the street brings the kids out once in a while to play, but thats about it. I met someone there the other day, but didn't really get to talk to her and her husband much. One of the older kids knocked their son down and they left before I got to really talk to them a lot.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Comment by Lizzys_mommy13 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm in Florida but I wish I was near you cause it seems we have a lot in common with our situations. We aren't military but moved here for my husbands work so I know that lonely feeling. Hope it goes good for you! If you need more CM friends don't think twice. I'm fairly new here and trying to figure it out myself. Good luck! =)
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 4:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Do you have a way to get downtown to Cole Park? It is a really great park on the water and tons of families there all day. Corpus isn't that big so even if you meet a local, you wouldn't have too far to drive to meet them. But I do understand wanting to make friends that are military only, they are the only ones that know what you are going through. I will let you know if I can think of anything else:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I found a group for you! LINK  It is for NAS CC and NS Ingleside moms, there is 70+ members, you should be able to meet someone in this group! Good luck:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't mind if they aren't military, but I don't have a lot of gas in my car atm. lol Just enough to get me around on base and to the childrens hospital if I have an emergency. I have been to Cole park a couple of times. My husband and I had one of our cars in the skate the rat commercial they did for the competition a few months ago. We were with the scion sponsors.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Comment by Lizzys_mommy13 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• shanlaree, I just left that group today. lol It hasn't really been active in over a year. Thank you so much though!!!
    Lizzys_mommy13

Comment by Lizzys_mommy13 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OH, darn it! lol Thought I was on to something there for your:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• *you not your lol
    shanlaree

• LOL Thank you though!!!
    I have searched high and low and joined a bunch of military groups and posted in them as well as posting in the newcomers. Still nothing. I will give it a day or two... then probably give up. I will be home with family in just a couple months and can probably wait, but I am going insane at home alone all day!
    Lizzys_mommy13

Comment by Lizzys_mommy13 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2010