How do I handle this???

My daughter has blocked me as her friend on facebook. She has been caught by her aunts talking about having sex in different positions, cutting some boys hand until it bleeds and has refused to say Hello to her aunt when her aunt said hello on facebook.
Another thing is the phone call from her teacher saying that she is using bad language or comments in class & got a dean's referal.
I also have asked her not to talk like this and she tries to deny responsibilty.
So today for starters I took her entire computer from her room.
The thiing is my daughter is a nerd and always home. She never leaves the house! So why would she be lying like this?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 4:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I agree with everyone. Growing up freedom was a privilege in our house not a right. Taking the computer away is an amazing idea and go to school and have her computer rights revoked there too (my mom did it to my younger sister) also it sounds like she might need to talk to someone. May e there's something she is angry or upset about to be acting this way. If she wont talk to you then maybe a pastor. Or school counselor. Best of luck!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• if she cannot handle the responsibility of freedom, then she doesn't get any.

When a child is living in my home, there is no such thing as privacy. They should have nothing to hide and if they feel that they should, there is a problem.

Computers, phones and other items are not necessary to living so if they cannot act responsibly, they don't get the PRIVELIDGE of using them.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Seriously I would bring the computer to a trusted friend's and leave it for a good while. Get it out of the house. Also, as for the blocking yall, and talking about sex- she might need something GOOD to be working toward, moving away from the kids she should not be around, maybe even get into therapy!! and you can bring her to volunteer at a hospital if she loves kids, or an animal shelter if she is an animal lover, get some community service in there...And bond too...Hugssss
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 5:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree with Jademom07- the computer priv should be revoked; she's proven she is not able to handle it right now, but she CAN probably find a way (at school or public library, a friend's) so you also have to look at the root problem...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 5:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh my, I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you I understand. I have a grand story of what all we went through with my stepson. I will try to be brief. He made good grades and never went out, he wouldn't even have friends over. Now here we are a few years later he is a pothead that can't live in a house with any kids because he wants to hurt them or get them taken away so he is the only one. He is 16 and has lived in 5 homes in the last 2 years. He wanted to leave ours to live with his maternal g-ma but he has been kicked out of all the others. I just realized I can't even begin to fit my story in here. ugh. Just don't overlook this. I wanted to get him help when he started his lying but I couldn't and his dad doesn't believe in therapy. I so wish I would have found a way to get help for him. For her to be acting like this a the age group you have this in I would be worried. I really hope this works out for you=)
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 5:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• if she has a phone take that too because facebook can be accessed on a phone too be the parent and dont back down kids today have way too much technology my kids are NOT allowed online without adult supervision and they are NOT allowed to get cell phones til they have a job.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• scary... there is a lot of pressure on these kids these days,,,, and it is flat scary when they block you out of their social networking... My 13 YO SD used to get mad at me because I was literally up her butt when she was on my computer... but now she thanks me, because she understands that I cared enough to watch over her like a hawk... but I also explained to her why I was a hovering voulture as well! I explained to her how tricky some CREEPS can be out there... i tought my SD how to make sure her profile, page what ever was as private as it could be...

privacy is a privlage that has to be EARNED, and proven once given...
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Thank you all for the information. I will be thinking on this as I talk to her today when she gets home from school.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010