Is it okay for me to do this?

I am going to a youth conference that my church has set up, as a youth leader who has to keep track of the teen's/tweens ( aka drive, share a hotel room with them, just watch them in general) It is 3 days and two nights long, and I was wondering if I should leave my 5 month old with a friend for that time, or if I should take her with me.
I think I am leaning more towards leaving her with my friend though.
Opinions please

AlyssaJones

Asked by AlyssaJones at 5:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Personally I would leave her. You'll spend more time tending to your child then you will enjoying yourself and watching the teens. Therefoer, it's smarter to leave the kid with a friend for the few days. She'll be in good hands and you can really dive into the experience.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't leave my five month old. I'd either be taking her or they would need to find someone else. Might be a good lesson for those girls to see what taking care of a baby involves. =)
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 6:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If she sleeps through the night (or your friend is a night owl) and you know that she is comfortable with being left with your friend it should be ok but when does the trip take place? I ask because maybe you could let her keep the baby overnight sometime beforehand to see how she and the baby handle it.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That's a personal choice.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would leave the baby...because if you have toshare a room with tween/teens they probably will wake the baby up whispering or giggling at night and no one will get any sleep...does your baby even sleep through the night? If the baby doesnt and the teens actually do behave and go to sleep then you have the baby waking them up. Plus with naps, how well are you going to be able to surpervise...i know you love your baby and leaving the baby doesnt mean you love him less.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would leave the child. 5 months is still kind of young, but as long as the baby knows the friend, I think he or she would be more comfortable around him or her rather than a bunch of teens. It would also let you focus more on the kids going to the conference. But really, it is a personal choice. If you aren't comfortable being away from baby that long, you will be distracted at the conference.
    smltwngrl22

Answer by smltwngrl22 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• why dont you leave the baby with you mom or your miL
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would put off something like this until I was comfortable leaving my dd with a friend for a few days.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree with lifetimelove.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If this were ME, I would not leave baby. I am not you though, and it is all about what YOU are comfortable with. Are you nursing? If so, you will have to make sure to leave enough milk for the time you will be gone, and be sure to pump regularly while away. Nursing or not, if I were in a similar situation, I think I would try to find someone (maybe the friend who is offering to babysit) come WITH us, get a seperate room, and have friend care for baby, but still be there if baby really needed me or needed to nurse. To each their own though, and you do what feels right for you.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2010