What would your opinion be on this?

I've seen online petitions and petitions floating around the post for October 26th to become a day of national recgonition for deployed soldiers and their families.

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 5:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its sad that America has forgotten so much about our service men and women, and their families that awarenes like this needs to be brought up and petetioned about.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Don't we already have like 2 or 3 holidays honoring them?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I really is anika! I am for it. WE are already participating in OPERATION: Sweets for Soldiers and doing Christmas cards for soldiers and the phone cards!! I dont have family deployed but 3 friends DH are :( People can help in so many LITTLE ways that mean so MUCH to them!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I thought that is what Veterans Day was for. Perhaps additional emphasis should be placed on that holiday.
    SBMommies

Answer by SBMommies at 5:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think that would be a nice thing to do. I appreciate the brave men and women that serve our country and others every single day.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Deliliah Memorial Day and Veteran's Day are geared more towards the fallen heroes and prior service, this one would be more for active duty members.
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• – collapse
    Do we really NEED a national holiday to honor them? Really???
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• What would be a reason not to have one Deliliah?
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I belive in supporting our government through prayer, but I lost alot of respect for our present president when he went on vacation on memorial day this past year. I felt like he slapped us all in the faceby dishonoring the tomb of the unknown solider.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• KISS, he went to ANOTHER cemetery. WOW really get over it. He was NOT the only one! The reason, there is no need for ANOTHER national federal holiday. Really we honor the troops or we don't and if we do we do it in our own ways. No need for a holiday in the middle of Oct for that matter what would you do?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010