Big fight last night adult content

My SO went bat shit crazy last night and he picked a fight with me from 10:30 pm till 1 am complete with physical violence, finally I could not take it anymore, so I called the sherriff and they had already had calls about a women sheirking like she was being killed (me) but should not track the noise. It took over 45 minutes for deputies to arrive, they carted him off and I went and got a restraining order today. So why am I the bitch??
Now I am the bitch, or so his (grown) kids say?? I have but up with being name called and treated badly by a man that doesn't work and drinks behind my back, Did I do the right thing with the restraining order, he is starting to get mean with my DD too, I think I did the right thing---did I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• yup you did the right thing. Ignore or don't take the calls of anyone who disagrees

Answer by admckenzie at 5:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think u did. Your daughter comes first and shouldn't have to be in that situation!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No one knows what really goes on behind closed doors. There will always be those who call you a liar and not believe you. It's why it's so hard to get out of an abusive relationship (I know) because of lack of support. Honestly....screw them and protect yourself.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You absolutely positively did the right thing. Now continue doing the right thing and do not take him back into your life. Next time you might not get off so easily. You could be dead.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YES!!! if he is abusive and is starting with your dd you have to get out of that relationship. Who cares what his kids think you need to take care of you and your dd. You deserve a man who treats you with respect and loves you, not one who is abusive!! Good for you for doing what you did!
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Hell yes you did the right thing i hope you not thinking of going back to this man. You got the restraining order so you need to follow through with it. Who gives a damn about what his kids think you and your child come first. Good Luck.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• goodyes you did mama...and if they want to name call and act immature then OH WELL...your safety and protection is worth more then anything...you have a child and SHE NEEDS HER MOM...more women should be like you and stand up to the abuser and put a STOP to it...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes you did! GOOD JOB!!!!!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

i would go back and DEMAND a protective order... restraining orders can be walked through...
    and i would get one on me DD as well!!!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Trust me you did the right thing mama!
    Ariesmama4life

Answer by Ariesmama4life at 8:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010