Would This Explain Why There Is So Much War, Killing, Hatred, Etc on the Earth?

Revelation 12:12 says "....Woe for the earth and for the sea because the Devil has come down to you having great anger knowing that he has a short period of time."

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• yes, According to scripture, which I believe, all those things you mentioned are from the devil. However, people have free will and can choose to act a certain way. Satan is the Prince of this world and he comes to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10). He is very good at doing his job and has confused millions. However, I stand on the scripture, "Greater is He that is in me than He who is in the world" (forget the scripture)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 6:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• NO. I don't. Whatever is happening is the fault of human beings who have evil hearts and minds....none of that"Devil" talk,ok? People only have themselves to blame ...but they don't want to take the blame so they blame ...the "Devil".
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No. Money and greed are responsible for all of that.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 5:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• NO! Arrogance, Greed, and Ignorance have MUCH MUCH more to do with the negativity in the world than some "Devil" does...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Of course it doesn't... There's no such thing as the Devil. It's PEOPLE who are devious, evil, selfish, greedy, etc and make bad things happen.... I'd go as far to say that far more atrocities have been committed in the name of one god or another than in the name of something like the devil...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Could they possibly be under the influence of the Devil? The passage says that he is angry knowing he has a short period of time. How else can he show this anger towards God but by messing up what is his? I feel that it might have something to do with the conditions we see but as you say people are responsible for alot of what we see too.
    dgall3

Comment by dgall3 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

Answer by kittieashy an hour ag

Beautifully put, kittie! I can't add anything to that great answer, except AMEN and AMEN!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 8:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010