Dh is a little clingy

okay so ... My DH and I have been married 7 years, and I do love him... and I can proudly say I am still in love with him... but good grief.... he is clingy! I mean up my butt, calling me several times a days... just to talk abotu crap i really have no interest in (such as his job) wants to wait up for me to come to bed, has to be on the same cahir or couch...

while I enjoy cloesness with my DH... i need a tad bit of room!!! how do you suppose I explain this without CRUSHING HIM?

MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Asked by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• We both have times when we want our own space, and have talked quite a bit about it (though we're both introverts, and understand one another pretty damned well)... Just explain it to him in as tactful a way as possible.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• sounds controlling IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my husband is a lot like this he loves to be by me and in his eyes i do no wrong...WOW but i tell him BABE I NEED MY SPACE...and his good about it he knows he is a little too much and he try hard to not be so up my butt... COMMUNICATION you need to tell your husband what you like and do not like...sometimes they tend to act like kids and you need to explain to them things...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Sounds like me. My husband is mean about it. I've tried to back off but I end up feeling lost. I wish I had someone whom told me what that they needed space but was nice about it. Not called me names and told me to get the hell away from.
    Anonymous

• You are so lucky! A million times I would take my dh being clingy over ignoring me and not show much affection. My dh tells me he loves me and I believe him but acts soooo uniterested on anything that goes around my life or our home. He almost never calls me just to say hello or to tell me he will be going golfing. I always find out he went when I balance our checkbook. I feel so lonely, I am feeling depressed because of this. I have told him I need more attention from him but nothing changes. Divorce comes to my mind a lot but because he is a good person in other ways and a good provider I don't do it. How I wish he would bother me every day!
    momplus01

Answer by momplus01 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010