they all have alleries, and their kids suffer too

but they continue to leave their shedding labs as inside dogs, but wonder why their kids are alwasy sick... mom thinks that zrtec and benydryl are the answers, but I mean enough if enough.... I love my critters as much as the next person but how much are you willing to let your kids suffer for you furry frined?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pets

• If my daughter was allergic to our animals she would do whatever she had to so that they could be inside. I would make sure I did what I needed to do to the animals as far as brushing and bathing and made sure the house was vacuumed and whatever else would be needed. I do not see the point of having pets if they have to stay outside.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Neglect?? Really?? There has been studies that children raised in the home with pets have fewer allergies to the animals. Yes, shedding is gross. Maybe they need to re-evaluate their whole cleaning routine and the pets need groomed a little more to eliminate all of the hair lying around. I have a pug who sheds nonstop and I have a kid with allergies. His allergies are seasonal and controlled by a Benadryl every now and then. I am not a bad parent nor does that mean that I should be turned into DHS.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 9:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Some kids build an immunity to allergys being around the animals. I did that when I was younger. My parents got a us a chihuahua when I was about 4...after a few months I stopped being allergic to her.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would never let my kids suffer because of an animal. I would either find a way to control it, or find a good home for said animal.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 5:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think they should definitly keep their dogs outside! give the house a good thourough cleaning. come on now... kids or dogs... hmm
    there should really be no question there, right?!
    kknJt

Answer by kknJt at 5:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I love my fur babies but if I knew they were making my kids sick I would find them new homes in a heartbeat! I could not live with myself if I knew I could do something about my kids being sick and did nothing.
    Ariesmama4life

Answer by Ariesmama4life at 8:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Wow. That is called neglect, and even abuse. I'd make a phone call or two about that household.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes the animals are not the only reason for allergies, this has been a terrible season for allergies with the weather being all screwed up. Ragweed has been a killer, no rain hasn't helped to wash away outside sources. But I have to say we have allergie the kids and I but we are not allergic to dogs only cats. It's alright to have animals in your house as long as you keep the hair swept up and give them regular baths. Now if the children are so allergic they are breaking out if they touch the pets or continuously sneezing then maybe they need an alternate plan. Zytec and Claritin don't seem to work that well, docters recommend nasal sprays as a better choice or maybe both.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i love animals and kids. but if my animals were making my kids sick id find away to keep them apart
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 12:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Uh, no. The furry friends need to go outside where they can run around and shed out there. I'd also make sure they were groomed and shampooed regularly. If that doesn't help with allergies, then I'd try finding a new home for them.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010