Has anyone tried the recipes on the "Sweet Treats " widget?

I have been trying to cut sugar out of my families diet, very slowly! I do use I packet of Splenda in my coffee (along w/ a tsp pf sugar), but I have yet to try it in desserts. If anyone has, please give me your honest opinion. Thanks!!!

Mrs.Chase

Asked by Mrs.Chase at 10:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• My FIL is diabetic, so they use Splenda in some stuff...my MIL still bakes a lot with regular sugar...but I've had a few things made by a few people that aren't too bad. Doesn't taste the same as with sugar, but it works...if I'm making something with pudding I use sugar free, I actually prefer that, it's not Splenda but still! My only suggestion is, don't use the full amount called for, because it's so much sweeter than regular sugar, and you can taste that if you use the full amount! GL!
    Anonymous

• I don't use splenda & haven't tried any of the recipes. . But I have had some desserts with splenda in it and I didn't really care for it. . At first it taste like it would normally taste, but then you get a weird after taste.
    Babs310

Answer by Babs310 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008