Would you leave the treat basket outside while you took your kids trick or treating?

If I'd given it some thought I probably wouldn't have bought treats for Halloween, just so DH and I could concentrate on taking our boy out (we both want to take him). There are actually a couple of events (one on Saturday and one on Sunday) at a couple of different places that we'd like to take him to and they both last until around 8 or 8:30, which is when trick or treating ends here (I believe). I've thought about leaving a bowl outside (and hope for the best), give them to my MIL to pass out in her neighborhood, or just give them to my co-workers (I made up treat bags) as a Halloween gift.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I was going to leave out candy on my porch so my husband and I could both go trick or treating with the kids. I was willing to take my chances but my MIL volunteered to come to my house to hand out candy:) Sounds good to me! I didn't like the thought of people not getting candy from my house since we just moved into the neighborhood and I have been assured we will get tons of kids.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 7:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt leave a basket out just because I would think that the kids that came their first would certainly not take only 1 or so pieces, but would probably empty the whole thing into their bag, lol..
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• no , i know my neighbor kid would take it all.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• there**
    xxMasonsMommaxx

• I say leave them outside. It's up to the kids and their parents to make sure that they adhere to the "Take One" policy. If it there's left overs then bring them into work.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would leave it out. But then again, we live on base and every kid that's out has a parent that walks with them. I highly doubt the parents would be ok with them emptying the whole bowl. People did it last year, and it seemed to go pretty well. My DS is staying home this year to hand out candy to the little ones. (He's 11). Other DS (13) will also be home with some friends over most likely. Plus I'm not too worried about mine lol, as I have a mix of stuff for younger and older ones. I don't think that the older kids are going to want princess/unicorn crayons and Hannah Montana rings haha. Not all mine is candy :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yes.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• no dont think so
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Heck no.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have treat bags, to kind of deter grubbiness, but then that still might not work, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010