IM TIRED!

im tired of being treated like a nobody. i respect people in order to get respect back. but i dont get it! they say treat others like u want to be treated but when u do and they treat u like crap. Do u still treat them with respect or do u treat them they way they treat u?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I to am like you....I've always been respectful to people, those I don't know and those I know. In the last few years I've been treated like crap by some family members and it's harden my heart and because of that I've changed, I don't think for the better, but now I don't put up with disrespect AT ALL from anyone. Here I used to be a really nice person and it showed to know being a big fat Bi..otch!!! I keep in mind this to....they made me who I am today....although I KNOW I don't have to be a biotch...I just pick and choose my battles. I don't walk out the door and just start being mean and dispectful though...just when I have to.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If someone treats me like shit...I get fed up but I TRY to be nice no matter what...if it keeps happening I usually will say something like, "show me a little respect please." If they still pull there crap, I get them out of my life.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 8:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I feel what you are feeling. I have the samething happen to me all the time. And ironically enough it is always the ppl whose opinions I most value. I always hear "kill them with kindenss" but sometimes that doesnt work. i say treat them the way that they treat you. i dont think ANYONE should be treated badly, even if they deserved it, but you have cross paths with ppl who have miserable upbringing and always walk around with a chip on their shoulder. they feel like the world owes them something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• thats a great saying "treat people like you'd like to be treated" but not everyone gets that whole concept. I'm just a friendly person by nature and kind and respectful to most people, untill I felt like I was unappreaciated and used. another saying "the only people that can hurt you are the people you give the power to" you don't have to be disrespectful back if it's not in your nature. I don't know who is thats making you feel that way but if possible remove yourself from that persons power to affect you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• one word - disengage - get them out of your life and stop giving them power to hurt you. I did that with quite a few people and it works. I also learned not to be so nice anymore. I'm not going to let people treat me like shit anymore - I'm worth more than that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• At first I treat people respectfully..Then if they come back, being disrespectful,,That's when I start treating them the way they treat me??

Answer by louise2 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• its hard when its ur daughters grandma.. im in a bad position. no home no job 14 month old and a new one on the way. i live with her. she always makes smartass comments towards me! i dont know what to do, im not dating her son any more. and she seems to think she has more power then EVERYONE!!!!!!!! no matter who it is. she trys to tell adults they cant say bad words around her. i understand no bad words in her house but no matter where she is she thinks she has the right. when she wants something from the store or needs anything she things everyone needs to jump and do it for her. on top of that i can go into labor any day. and all she keeps tellin me is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• continue----shes takin the car no matter what and i would just have to call 911. she doesnt need the car at work!!!! she didnt do that when i was pregnant with my daughter. why now? whats changed with me. i feel like i get shitted on by a lot of people and i cant do anything about it bc they help me out sometimes and then again thats all i hear. so thats what it is with everyone u cant have a say in anything when ur down and out.. WHY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2008