Can anyone help me select educational toys for my 18 months daughter ?

my daughter does not speak as yet so i thought these toys could be of help to me. pls advice how i can make her speak while she plays?

Delnaz

Asked by Delnaz at 8:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know that there are "toys" that will make her speak. If there are books that say things when you push buttons she may mimic, same with stuffed animals.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• try the leap frog section in the toy department......found some good things for my cousins child that had a heart transplant right after birth.....cute stuff
    bambigrand

Answer by bambigrand at 9:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Best thing is to read to her, talk to her, sing to her. Also, get her checked out with the doc to see if there are any hearing problems that related to the lack of speach. THe more they hear, the more the will try to imitate. So talk all the time! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i bought my daughter a barney dvd when she was 16 months old, at 20 months she was speaking in sentences. she also has all kinds of cd's that play childrens songs. she is 2 now and she knows about 8 songs, and she knows her abc's to letter "k". also the leapfrog lily is pretty helpful. there is one other toy, i cant think of the name of it but it is a puppy, and it is pretty much like the leapfrog toys
    momo608

Answer by momo608 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The Leap Frog Fridge toys are great. The Fisher Price Fun2Learn laptop is good too. A good children's sing-a-long CD - have music time and sing with her, pick a CD that doesn't annoy you too much.

Be aware that she will have a "language explosion" any time now. Just keep talking to her, pointing out new things, telling her what you are doing. By the time she is 2, she will be learning 10 to 20 new words a day. She won't use them all and you won't understand them when she does but she will file them away for future use.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You may consider fatbraintoys.com. We bought a few things from there last year. Great quality, reasonable prices, and most importantly, US made toys!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 3:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008