my 13 month old daughter has slept with me since she was born, how do i get her to sleep in her own crib?

gabiNjr143

Asked by gabiNjr143 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's going to be hard but you will just have to put her in her crib and let her cry. She will eventually get the hang of sleeping in her bed alone. Maybe find something like a little stuffed animal or a light-weight blanket that will help keep her calm :o)

Good Luck and Hang in there!!!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 6:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• same age, and same problem here! We are pregnant again so we def need her in her own bed! I dont really agree with the whole leave them there and let them cry thing, i couldnt do it! well, not so much that i dont agree with it.. i just couldnt handle it lol! SO i dont know what im going to do!
    vvlinley21

Answer by vvlinley21 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• good luck, my 19mo is still in my bed LOL
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 6:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It will be hard. My kids never slept with me but their crib was in our room until they were a year old. We had a hard time getting them to sleep without us in the room with them. We got them some stuffed animals, a dim nightlight and closed the door. We would let them cry for a little bit and they either fell asleep or we went in and without a fuss but them back to bed. And just keep doing the same thing. With in a week to a week and a half they were fine.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 6:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I Took my sons crib and truned it to a toddler bed took him and bought him a big boy blanket then while he was playing i sprayed my perfume/body srpay on his blankie and pillow so when he was sleeping he would still smell me . i also kept a night light and his fav teddy i lay with him and then he stays in bed all night if you have a dryer handy warm the blankets a little before bedtime and it will send them right to sleep. i swear by this. and im expecting a third son so ill deal with it again. o btw my oldest was 2 when i learned this trick and my youngest is 9 months and i had him in his own crib no tears for 5 months now.
    magical_mommy

Answer by magical_mommy at 6:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• it will b an uphill fight once theye in your bed its hard to get them out
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 6:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• this was the hardest thing i ever had to do. i was sleeping my daughter in my bed and then moving her. it got to the point that she was waking up and i would have to resleep her. so when she was about 15-16months i decided that i was just going to cry it out with her. it was tough no doubt but its not the method itself its the way you do it. now i did just let her be in there and cry and then if it was a screaming cry i would go in a calm her down and alot of times i would take her to my bed but it really only took me 3 nights. do it now before she really gets the hang of talking(not sure if yours talk much yet). mine at 13 months didn't say as much now. but now its wonderful. i say night night and she knows its time for bed. ofcourse we have our days when she is in my bed again but most of the time she sleeps in her crib on her own all night! gl
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• This is the method we plan to use:

http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/gentletranstition.html
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010