does your kid have AUTISM ? ? adult content

more boys than girls have it , my son has moderate to medium autism , is verbal , developmentally delayed 2-3 years-- more in some areas , has a aide in class , can read at a 2nd grade level and is in 5th grade , what reading level is your kid and boy or girl and what else would you like to add on this issue???

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is in 5th grade. He reads at a 5th grade level, does spelling at a 5th grade level and participates in science at the 5th grade level. His math skills are at a 4th grade level.
    My son is verbal, but I dislike using the terms Mild, Moderate or high functioning as he has his own issues that keep him behind his peers. My son is extremely self stimmy and his learning is impeded by his self stimulatory behaviors.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son is in 3rd grade,reads at a 4th grade level,and does 3rd grade math. He's in an autism classroom mostly,and goes to the reg ed for homeroom,math,science,and reading. He has adaptive gym and music
    He's 9,has moderate autism,his speach is about 50% echolalic,and is delayed developmentally about 3-4 yrs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have autism. I am working on getting my masters and I am only 23. My sons have autism too. My 4 year old is the smartest in his regular preschool class. My nearly 2 year old is a bit verbally delayed but can answer any yes or no question you ask him.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have 4 children - 3 boys, 1 girl and none have autism.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010