Anyone have experience with and IUD moving or falling out?

I have had my IUD for three years now. Never had any problems. Well I recently starting having some health issues that concerned me and now my period is abit late. I was reading that someone's dr told her that losing a large amont of weight can cause the IUD to move out of place or fall out. Ive lost 47 lbs since april so I started to worry. My husband said he can feel the string always but the past month he has not and didn't think anything of it untill now. I did take a pee test which is negative of course. I was just looking for any other information about it falling out or moving.

cudybug

Asked by cudybug at 6:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had mine expell.. iuds expelling are rare so doubt your will or at least i hope not it hurts like hell go see your dr and get a check done just to b sure thats what id do
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 6:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My first one perforated my uterus but that was during insertion and moved into my RLQ in a couple days time. I have read your body can reject them but it would seem more likely to happen early on than 3 years into having it.
    heatkab2

Answer by heatkab2 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• On one of the birth boards I was on this one womens ultrasound picture showed her baby and the IUD was next to it. I am assuming they removed the IUD? I am not sure.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Mine came out after having it for 2 1/2 years. I could tell when it was coming out and when it came out though. I had massive cramping and bleeding for a couple days before i could feel it coming out. I would go see your doctor just to make sure, but I would think you would have noticed it if it came out. :) GL
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 12:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2010