Bladder infection that just won't go away!

Okay I've had it for like over a week, and it will NOT go away... I've been taking cranberry pills 3000mg, and AZO to take the pain away (which dose not work). I'm in a lot of pain, and I du know what else to do. Cranberry juice doesn't even help, (Yeah, I've downed the REAL stuff, bitter, sour, nasty). I can't go to a doctor because I have no insurance. I tried to go to a public health office, but they only help with birth control and wic... any suggestions????

Jabrw0ke

Asked by Jabrw0ke at 8:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• Ordinarily, I would say start taking calcium citrate/magnesium citrate combination supplements, plus cantharsis for the burning/pain...but if you've had this for a week already, there's a chance that you could have a bladder infection that is on it's way to your kidneys, and believe me when I tell you, you do not want that to happen. Go to an urgent care center or even call a physician and ask them to call in a prescription for antibiotics over the phone. Explain that you know you have a UTI because you've had them before, and that you don't have money or insurance. Some doctors will even give samples in these cases.
    Don't drink sugary drinks as they feed the bacteria. If you're sick of cranberry, try blueberry juice.
    If you're pregnant, you cannot take cipro (a 3 day antibiotic), but if you're not and can get it, it works almost immediately.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• just keep pushing the cranberry just. and just a different kind one that tastes good, like cran-apple or cran-grape. i had bladder infections constantly through the last 3 months of my pregnancy and nothing the doctor gave me helped. even know i get them, you just gotta keep on with the cranberry juice, and it takes a couple weeks, so another week and you should be fine. once it is gone though drink a couple glasses of cranberry juice a week to keep the bladder infections away, and stay away from soda
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 9:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I've had really bad lower back pain, do you think it could have already gotten to my kidneys?
    Jabrw0ke

Answer by Jabrw0ke at 10:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You need to get to a dr, maybe an urgent care center? It'll cost $100 or maybe a little more, but you need to get antibiotics if you've had it this long. The infection can move up to your kidneys if you wait too long. Or go to the ER, they have to help you, but you'll get a bill afterward. Good luck, and PLEASE see a professional.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:03 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would suggest get Ameriplan, you pay $29.95 a month for it and go see a doctor. I don't have insurance either, but Ameriplan saved me a lot of money. Let me know if you have any questions about that.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 1:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Once you get Ameriplan you can see a doctor within 24 hours.
    SaferAtHome