how can i get my almost 2 year old off the bottle and to sleep threw the night?

I have a two year old baby girl who refuses to go to sleep at night without a bottle i recently started giving her water instead of milk but she wakes up atleats 2 or 3 times per night i can't take the exhastion any ideas(i can't have her crying all night since i have two other children)And since she isn't potty trained she wets her bed from drinking soooo much water

mommy3sss

Asked by mommy3sss at 6:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you find out please let me know?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• it probably isnt going to happen without some crying or a tantrum, maybe you could start on the weekend when it the kids dont have to get up early for school. she is old enough to understand things when you tell her so start early in the evening and tell her that she will not be taking her bottle to bed with her....kids understand a lot more than we give them credit for. It will not damage her if you just take it away...she will probably throw a tantrum but if you stay firm and do not give in it should only take a few days to get her used to the idea. You could also try giving her a blanket or teddy bear for security in the place of the bottle...I wouldnt suggest giving her a sippy cup in the place though because it will become the same type of thing. When you are ready to potty train try to cut her off from liquids 1/2 hr to an hour before she goes to bed.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My kids slept THROUGH the night by 4 or 5 months old and IN THEIR OWN BEDS. The only time they woke up at night was if they were sick. YOU are in charge...they need to know that.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• put some hot sauce on the nipple
    vukenlee

Answer by vukenlee at 8:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my son also needed a bottle to go to sleep everynight at 2 yrs old. It was more of a comfort/security thing for him. I tried taking them all away for a night and he cried all night. I decided i did not want to traumatize him over this so i just let him have it and one day he didnt want it anymore. Let your baby have it and she'll give it up on her own. No reason to hurt her or traumatize her over it....just make sure you brush her teeth regularly so they dont rot from the sugar in the milk.
    JulesMommy1008

Answer by JulesMommy1008 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• oh i wish i knew....sorry no help have the same problem...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I am having the same problem with my 15 month old. He wants to sleep on me and not in his bed.
    danielsgrl1972

Answer by danielsgrl1972 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010