Have you ever gone to Mardi Gras?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Travel

• Every year! We live in the suburbs of New Orleans. What you see on TV,tons of drinking,flashing,ect. is what takes place down in the French Quarter, not through out the entire city. If you go uptown, futher up on St. Charles Ave., the scenery changes and becomes alot more family friendly. We stay out in Metairie, where we have great parades,but heavy drinking and flashing are not allowed. Family is the main focus in Jefferson Parish and the kids have a great time catching cups, beads, trinkets, stuffed animals,ect.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes. Hectic but fun!!!!!!!!!!!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I've been numerous times. My aunt lives in Baton Rouge, so we'd always do a trip to her house during Mardi Gras. I've only been to the French Quarter a few times. We usually go to more family oriented areas.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes, I have... Too much for me by a long shot. Of course, I grew up in Europe, where we have Carnival (same thing, basically), and I LOVED it. But Mardi Gras just had too many people being way too excited about being able to drink in public. Dodging pukers left and right just isn't my idea of fun, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No, when I saw the size of the French Quarter, I just couldn't imagine 70,000 people squeezed into that tiny area.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am from Louisiana, so I love Mardi Gras! But I have never been down to New Orleans to celebrate.. Always stayed in my hometown.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Sounds like I should have just avoided the French Quarter, heh. What the other ladies are describing sounds much more like the Carnivals I grew up with...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Never I wish *sigh*
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No I think it might be too wild for me. I am willing to give it ago though. LOL Bourbon Street!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010