opposite sex and same bedroom?

Dh and I have discussed adopting through dhs. We are wanting to adopt a girl. My question is, what age is considered innapropriate for two kids of the opposite sex to be in the same bedroom. We have one boy btw who is six months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Adopted children have to have their own room, regardless of gender. At least that's how it is here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Well, for the home study they will require you to have a separate room for the adopted child. As for sharing a room, it depends on the children. As long as they are comfortable sharing a room, I don't see that there is ANY age limit.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 6:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My bro and I shared a room until I was about 11 and he was 10....for most of our lives up to then anyways. Then my parents built a house. By 7th grade I had my own room. Just has to be that way sometimes.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 6:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Check the laws of your state. In PA adopted children must have their own room. When my husband adopted my daughter it was a requirement even though she was my biological child.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son and daughter shared, but I don't think I would do that with an adopted child.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Like the others have said some states require adopted children to have their own room, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have the baby in your room at least for now. I also know through our tenants that in PA Section 8 housing requires opposite sex children to have separate rooms when the oldest turns 6 years.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I shared a room with my brother until I was 12, there was just no other place to put me (4 kids in a 3 bedroom house, 3 boys 1 girl) when my oldest brother moved out, I got my own room.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• As everyone else has posted - when adopting a child - opposite sex must have their own bedroom.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Check your state laws, in Wisconsin once the oldest is 5 years old, opposite sex sibs must have their own rooms.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Regardless of the genders, I think they should have their own room.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010