Cartoons and Babies...

So I wanted to see if Gauge would be interested in the TV at all so I put on Toy Story and sat Gauge infront of the TV and he zoned out for a good hour or more! He was yellin and bouncin....
So I know he enjoys it- but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a show or some DVDs that may help him learn shapes and colors...things like that. I've seen some baby dvds but didnt know if they were worth the price.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Gage really loves these shows: Little Einsteins (from the Baby Einsteins line-- they learn musical instruments, songs, composers), Wonder Pets, Go Diego Go, Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (this one is really good for learning shapes, colors, counting), and the Imagination Movers (this one drives me NUTS! lol). I've heard a lot of great things about the Baby Einsteins dvds. Good luck! : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:20 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Baby Einstien movies! they are bright eye catching and they learn not only shapes and colors they have bilingual videos too!

They are great!
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:26 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have to agree Baby Einstein movies are great. My son loved the LeapFrog videos also...I had the ABC and Math ones, they both actually taught him his letters and numbers within a week I swear!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:29 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• heather.huckaby my son absolutely loves Imagination Movers too!! LOL i want to punch the one with long hair in the face. :) That show is soooooo annoying.

Anyway, I like the Playhouse Disney programs. Little Einsteins, Mikey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny. Handy Manny says things in Spanish and then says the English word. I've never tried the baby einstein videos but I always wondered about them.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 9:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Baby eistine DVD's say that they will teach a baby but they actually did studies and the babies that watched the DVD's did worse than the ones who just played. The best way for you to teach him shapes and colors is to sit down with him and do it your self.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My children weren't too thrilled w/the one Baby Einstein DVD we have-even though my 3 1/2yr. old will want to watch it every so often-she likes music! And we got the one where you "meet the Orchestra" or something like that...... We used to watch a lot of Seseme Street but now we watch Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go, Wonder Pets, Spongebob(not one I recommend if you can help it!) and several others on Nick Jr. But, my baby she will watch a little here and there but, I talk to her about her shapes(if she is playing w/a toy) and the color of that toy and just keep repeating myself!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2008