my son has an issue with veggies, does not eat them for anything in the world so i give him v8 fruit n veggie juice what can i try to actually get him to try n eat veggies?

Mamii0f2

Asked by Mamii0f2 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can sneak in veggies....spinach added to brownies, lots of veggies shredded in spaghetti sauce. Finely chopped carrots in mac and cheese. The only veggies I would put with sugar are cooked carrots (melt butter and brown sugar and add carrots until hot) and sweet potatoes. You can also drench the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots in cheese sauce.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Have you tried letting him dip them in Ranch dressing? Or covering in some cheese sauce? If that doesnt work, just keep introducing them to him on a regular basis. Kids' tastes change, so someday he may find some he likes. At least they have those juices that offer fruit & veggie servings. Obviously you're not alone if there's a market for it. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Purée, purée, purée! Make veggie purees and stick them in everything. It won't help him eat them on his own, but he'll at least get the nutrients. You can find ways to disguise veggies well. Spaghetti is one way. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• try to eat with other kids that love veggies, that helped my kid try veggies they said they didn't like.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i have read that you might have to present a food a dozen times before a kid will take to them. also, no snacks if they don't eat the veggies. try fresh, and raw, fresh and steamed, frozen. try to let them pick the veggies at the grocery store. try to go for a variety of colors. my kids eat kale because it is purple : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i have the same problem....and i buy the same juice!!!!!!!!!!:)
    mommylove74

Answer by mommylove74 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• add cheese or little sugar to them
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YES WHENEVER I ENCOURAGE HIM TO TRY I EAT IT FIRST AND MAKE IT SEEM LIKES ITS THE TASTY THING IN THE WORLD THEN I LET HIM GO AND HE JUST LOOKS AT ME AND SAYS NO MOMMY I DONT LIKE THAT. NOT WITH THE DIPPING IN RANCH DRESSING OR ANYTHING SO I BUY HIM V8 BUT IM DEFINITELY GOING TO TRY THE SUGAR
    Mamii0f2

Comment by Mamii0f2 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If he doesn't like them cooked try them raw with dip. I'm not a big fan of adding sugar to veggies because they get enough sweetness as it is. Continue putting them on his plate, a different one each time. Encourage him to try a bite, but don't make a fuss. Have him go to the store or farmers market with you and let him choose a veggie. Then have him help you prepare it. The best thing to do is be a good example to him and let him see you enjoying veggies --cooked, raw, with or without dip, etc. My son is not a big veggie fan either. He will eat green beans when I remind him to take a bite he sees how good they are and finishes them. And any veggie thrown in a salad or on a pizza he will eat.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010